The Credo series opens high school students to the richness of the Catholic faith tradition by encouraging students to live their lives in response to the teachings of the Catholic Church. Students are called to live as people of faith through prayer, reflection, and meditation.
Credo includes a strong social justice theme that uses the Shared Christian Praxis pedagogy of “life to faith to life,” to guide students. The online component accompanying the series is a dynamic, innovative, and interactive resource putting technology at the service of religious educators.
The Credo high school series:
• Implements the doctrinal elements of the Curriculum Framework
• Reaches high school students through their lived experience
• Encourages ongoing faith formation
• Supports young people’s spiritual growth
• Stays true to both solid theology and sound educational pedagogy
• Supports teachers and gives them effective tools to use in the classroom
• Accesses the newest technology, including ebooks, to enhance the curriculum and meet the needs of savvy learners
In addition to the core courses, the Credo series includes five elective semester courses that build upon the core series, deepening the students’
understanding of the subject matter for lifelong catechesis. It is recommended to use these courses following the core series. They can be taken at the
discretion of the school and can be customized.
• Elective Option A: Exploring Sacred Scripture
• Elective Option B: History of the Catholic Church
• Elective Option C: Living as a Disciple of Jesus in Society
• Elective Option D: Responding to the Call of Jesus Christ
• Elective Option E: Ecumenical and Interreligious Dialogue
Access to online resources at credoseries.com is available yearly with a minimum purchase of 20 Credo books.